I won't lie, its awesome to know that an adventurous tendril of my little blog has reached out through the deep space of the interweb and found a real human reader. Mumdanity is a bit about me, a bit about the baby and a bit about all of you, so knowing my words are resonating with someone in the blogosphere is pretty cool.
The Sunshine Award Rules
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger (thanks again, Lauren!)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.)
11 random facts about me
- I have two sets of wisdom teeth.
- I can't remember how to ride a bicycle - I am the living and laughable proof that the saying 'it's just like riding a bike' is not a universal truth.
- Sometimes, I like to eat spoonfuls of butter straight from the tub
- My first pets were Buttonhead (a sheep) and Goat (a goat), they repeatedly escaped from my backyard until they were 'taken to the farm.'
- I buy neapolitan icecream, but I don't eat the strawberry third.
- I am a hopeless jeans addict. Shortly after my daughter was born, I had to go out and buy several pairs of tiny baby jeans because I couldn't work out how to coordinate baby outfits without denim pants.
- I'd rather be outside in torrential rain than even the lightest wind.
- The word 'cherry' grates on my soul. It just sounds plain awful.
- I am a sucker for raffles and charity dips and chocolate wheels and all things chance; one day I will be the eccentric old woman walking around with a handbag of raffle ticket stubs and coupons shouting '27!'
- My eyelashes are different colours - one side is brown, the other blonde.
- I hate being 'spot wet' - the kind you get from water pistols, sprinklers, raindrops, and splashing. Either throw me in the swimming pool or just leave me be.
11 questions for me
- What's your favorite book and why? 'Cloudstreet' by Tim Winton. The voice, the imagery, the style, the story are all captivating. The book tied a knot in my middle when I was first drawn into it as a teenager, and the knot is still there all these years later.
- What time do you get up most mornings? In my dreams, noon. In reality, somewhere between 6:30am and 7:30am, all depending on when Buggy decides to wake up.
- What's your favorite way to relax? When I can't get to a sun lounge on a tropical island, I go for the couch and a family sized block of chocolate.
- If you could rename yourself anything, what name would you choose? Emily. No deep reason here, no special meaning, I just really like the name.
- What do you most wish you could teach your child? To be calm within herself, no matter what storms are raging around her.
- What is the last non-children's song you listened to? Gaslight Anthem's 'Diamond Church Street Choir'
- Name the best family tradition you have. A toss up between making our own Easter eggs, and our annual Christmas light display hunt.
- What is your biggest fear? Being arrested for something I didn't do!
- What did you like most about being pregnant? Being able to assume the 'tired pregnant lady position' on the couch and stay there all day.
- Should peanut butter be crunchy or smooth? Crunchy.
- When was the last time you danced? This morning in the lounge room.
11 bloggers I believe deserve recognition
These eleven bloggers make me smile and keep me coming back for more. I hope you enjoy reading their posts and scrolling through their pages as much as I do, and I can't wait to read their answers to my questions.
- Four Doodles and a Taco
- The Dad Department
- Creating Mom
- 2 Aussie Mammas
- Ness of Boganville
- Mummy Wife Me
- Mumma Tells
- The Plumbette
- There is a season
- Deconstructing Mama
11 questions for my nominated bloggers
- Tea or coffee?
- Do you dawdle or rush?
- Which season do you love and why?
- Do you write then edit, or edit as you go?
- What are your three favourite foods?
- If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would tell your teenage self?
- Which room in your house do you spend the most time in?
- If you could go anywhere in the world today, anywhere at all, where would you go?
- Are you an indoors or outdoors person?
- What is the last movie you watched?
- If you had to save just one item from your house, what would it be?
Thank you again for the sunshine, Lauren!
You can follow Mumdanity on Facebook and Google+ and Twitter